Artist： Katsuji Nousaku
Area：Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture
NOUSAKU pursues innovative casting production with respect for the intelligence accumulated by its predecessors.
With a workshop in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture, the company aims to create new traditions with the keywords of "materials, technology, and design."
The 100% pure tin product line is one of the series created based on this innovative idea.
Tin is an extremely soft material that is quite difficult to process
and is usually added to other metal materials for finishing.
However, the advanced casting techniques of craftsmen, have succeeded in molding it without any other metals.
The unique texture that easily bends in your hand feels great in your hand,
and the temperature transmitted to the vessel gives you a sense of comfort.
Tin drinking vessels have been loved by nobility and warriors since the Heian period.
It has been said that "makes sake taste better by eliminating the impurities."
It is an excellent product that enriches your time for drinking.
［ Profile ］
- Begins production of bronze castings for Buddhist ritual objects in Kyomachi, Takaoka City.
- Established NOUSAKU Ltd. due to business expansion.
- With expansion of business scope, reorganized and renamed NOUSAKU Co.
- Begins production of castings made of 100% tin, mainly tableware
- Nosaku opens a store in the Palace Hotel Tokyo.
- NOUSAKU opened a store in Milan, Italy.
- Celebrated the 100th anniversary